on Jun 9, 2006
Steven informs us:
Instead of writing for here, I’ve gotten pulled into writing on a political thread at Metafilter. My apologies.
That can’t be good for you.
Here is a random list of tasks, sorted according to how rewarding and productive they are:
- Persuade Steve Jobs to get himself an HP Pavillion.
- Find out how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie roll tootsie pop, then get Discover magazine to publish your findings.
- Get Tom Cruise to admit that Scientology is just a buncha mumbo-jumbo.
- Buy a Tivo for Ted Kaczynski. Teach him to use it.
- Beat Michael Jackson at Dance Dance Revolution.
- Convince Pat Robertson to subscribe to Hustler.
- Team up with Uwe Boll to make a successful and thought-provoking movie adaptation of Pac-Man. Win an Academy Award.
- Explain the plot of Final Fantasy XIII to Brittany Spears. Make sure she understands it.
- Coax Arnold Schwarzenegger into pronouncing California in such a way that there is no long ‘e’ sound.
- Take part in a political discussion on FARK, Slashdot, or Metafilter, and get someone – anyone – to change their opinion based on your arguments.
Shamus Young is an old-school OpenGL programmer, author, and composer. He runs this site and if anything is broken you should probably blame him.