Some people are making fun of ABC for soliciting stories on how people have been affected by global warming*, but I can understand ABC’s point of view. Many people underestimate the difficulty in gathering serious scientific research data without a large pool of anecdotes to work from. I’m eager to contribute, because the resulting article might be the first ever to be eligible for both a Pulitzer Prize and a Hugo Award, which would be really cool.
What are you doing to reduce your “carbon footprint?”
Are you trying solar power? Hybrid car? Shorter showers? Energy efficient appliances?
At first I thought, “carbon footprint? But I don’t use GNOME at all!” Then I realized they are talking about the produduction of CO2.
What I’m doing to reduce carbon emissions:
- A lot of big Hollywood stars have pointed out how bad Minivans and SUV’s are in this regard, so I’m going to follow their example and travel only by limousine or private jet.
- To reduce carbon dioxide production, I’m encouraging all of my friends to start binge drinking. It is a scientific fact that while drunk and passed out your breathing slows, thus reducing personal CO2 output.
- When I hunt down and murder spammers in their sleep, I no longer burn the corpse as a warning to others. Spammers are biodegadeable and (once killed) eco-friendly, so burying them under a nasty sign can get the same effect but without unwanted environmental consequences!
- To counter the effects of global warming, I turn up my air conditioning to maximum and leave all the windows in my house open. The electric bills are brutal, but it’s the least I can do to bring us back from the brink of global catastrophy!
I know going out and finding news is hard and the people (is it still okay to call them journalists?) at ABC are just saving energy by sitting around and waiting for news via email. I’m proud to do my part.
Okay, I’m done being silly. We now return you to our regular… whatever it is we do here.
* This morning they were asking “how have you been affected by global warming” and this afternoon they are asking “what are you doing about it”.
Revisiting a Dead Engine
I wanted to take the file format of a late 90s shooter and read it in modern-day Unity. This is the result.
The Best of 2016
My picks for what was important, awesome, or worth talking about in 2016.
Project Button Masher
I teach myself music composition by imitating the style of various videogame soundtracks. How did it turn out? Listen for yourself.
So what happens when a SOFTWARE engineer tries to review hardware? This. This happens.
Skyrim Thieves Guild
The Thieves Guild quest in Skyrim is a vortex of disjointed plot-holes, contrivances, and nonsense.