No more jokes, this is really the start of our Mass Effect 2 series. New format, new editing tools, new video host. Same band of jerks. We’re easing into this slowly.
Since our video is no longer a half hour long, we’ve been able to increase the video quality. Previously we were stuck in 320p, but now the show is available in glorious 720p. Which is a lot more p.
The changes we’ve made were based on the feedback we got last week. In particular, the leading suggestions were:
- Try to play the newest games to make the show more relevant.
- Try to play older games so as to avoid spoilers.
- More humor.
- Less joking around.
- More off-the-cuff banter.
- Try to prepare our commentary ahead of time.
- Cover more ground in each episode.
- Make the episodes shorter.
- Move to a more popular, established video host.
- Don’t use YouTube.
- Do episodes more quickly to hold interest and get through the game fast.
- Less episodes, so it’s not so hard to keep up.
- Do blind runs of games.
- Know what you’re talking about.
- Less grief and anguish.
- More Rutskarn singing.
Yeah, we’re doomed.
Lost Laughs in Leisure Suit Larry
Why was this classic adventure game so funny in the 80's, and why did it stop being funny?
Push the Button!
Scenes from Half-Life 2:Episode 2, showing Gordon Freeman being a jerk.
Starcraft 2: Rush Analysis
I write a program to simulate different strategies in Starcraft 2, to see how they compare.
Secret of Good Secrets
Sometimes in-game secrets are fun and sometimes they're lame. Here's why.
What is this silly word, why did some people get so irritated by it, and why did it fall out of use?