on Nov 16, 2010
No more jokes, this is really the start of our Mass Effect 2 series. New format, new editing tools, new video host. Same band of jerks. We’re easing into this slowly.
Since our video is no longer a half hour long, we’ve been able to increase the video quality. Previously we were stuck in 320p, but now the show is available in glorious 720p. Which is a lot more p.
The changes we’ve made were based on the feedback we got last week. In particular, the leading suggestions were:
- Try to play the newest games to make the show more relevant.
- Try to play older games so as to avoid spoilers.
- More humor.
- Less joking around.
- More off-the-cuff banter.
- Try to prepare our commentary ahead of time.
- Cover more ground in each episode.
- Make the episodes shorter.
- Move to a more popular, established video host.
- Don’t use YouTube.
- Do episodes more quickly to hold interest and get through the game fast.
- Less episodes, so it’s not so hard to keep up.
- Do blind runs of games.
- Know what you’re talking about.
- Less grief and anguish.
- More Rutskarn singing.
Yeah, we’re doomed.
Shamus Young is an old-school OpenGL programmer, author, and composer. He runs this site and if anything is broken you should probably blame him.