|By Shamus||Dec 18, 2006||16 comments|
Geeze. Let’s see, let’s see…
- Normal baseline level of Holiday confusion, plus…
- Daughter is going to have surgery (Tonsillectomy) this week.
- Son is sick with a worrisome fever that has hung around for about five days.
- Death in the family. (Not a close relative, but this was someone young – a twenty-three year old woman – and that is always a tragic blow.)
- Hectic project at work needs to be done BEFORE Christmas.
This sounds like the set-up to one of those wacky movies where the frantic energy of the holidays acts as a catalyst of healing and reconciliation, and at the end everyone remembers the true spirit of Christmas. Except in this case, it isn’t very hilarious, everyone already has a firm grip on the Christmas spirit, and we were all getting along just fine to begin with.
Maybe my boss will give me a call on Tuesday and say something like, “Shamus, you’re a hilarious guy and I want to see the next issue of your webcomic, so take a day off. Screw the client.”
I’m thinking this isn’t very likely, but this is the season when miracles happen.
If not, then we can catch up with the comic next week.