People have been sending me links to this game for a while now, and I finally got around to downloading the demo. Half an hour later I’d bought the game. I’ll be buying it again – a second time – for WiiWare tomorrow. I do so without the slightest hesitation. I am, in fact, happy to do so.
I’ll have a more complete review of the game later, but allow me this quick bullet-list of cogent informational tidbits:
- No DRM. Region-free. Just download and play wherever.
- Only $20. An irresistible price-point.
- Fun and endlessly innovative.
- Indie game made by a two-man design team, the likes of which has not been seen since the classic “A Guy and His Buddy” design teams of the 80’s.
- Will run on “any computer less than 5 years old”.
- This is the first thing I’ve encountered in two weeks which has been capable of prying me away from City of Heroes.
Please, I invite you to wreck your productivity by getting the demo.
The Best of 2014
My picks for what was important, awesome, or worth talking about in 2014.
Internet News is All Wrong
Why is internet news so bad, why do people prefer celebrity fluff, and how could it be made better?
Pixel City Dev Blog
An attempt to make a good looking cityscape with nothing but simple tricks and a few rectangles of light.
The Truth About Piracy
What are publishers doing to fight piracy and why is it all wrong?
The story of me. If you're looking for a picture of what it was like growing up in the seventies, then this is for you.