People have been sending me links to this game for a while now, and I finally got around to downloading the demo. Half an hour later I’d bought the game. I’ll be buying it again – a second time – for WiiWare tomorrow. I do so without the slightest hesitation. I am, in fact, happy to do so.
I’ll have a more complete review of the game later, but allow me this quick bullet-list of cogent informational tidbits:
- No DRM. Region-free. Just download and play wherever.
- Only $20. An irresistible price-point.
- Fun and endlessly innovative.
- Indie game made by a two-man design team, the likes of which has not been seen since the classic “A Guy and His Buddy” design teams of the 80’s.
- Will run on “any computer less than 5 years old”.
- This is the first thing I’ve encountered in two weeks which has been capable of prying me away from City of Heroes.
Please, I invite you to wreck your productivity by getting the demo.
Artless in Alderaan
People were so worried about the boring gameplay of The Old Republic they overlooked just how boring and amateur the art is.
Silent Hill Turbo HD II
I was trying to make fun of how Silent Hill had lost its way but I ended up making fun of fighting games. Whatever.
A Star is Born
Remember the superhero MMO from 2009? Neither does anyone else. It was dumb. So dumb I was compelled to write this.
What is this silly word, why did some people get so irritated by it, and why did it fall out of use?
A Lack of Vision and Leadership
People fault EA for being greedy, but their real sin is just how terrible they are at it.