- A Marine goes off to war.
- He is injured in an explosion. He spends 13 weeks in the hospital recovering.
- In the explosion, he personally witnesses his best friend’s decapitation.
- His injuries are extensive enough that he is granted medical retirement.
- He returns home to the states, where he begins hallucinating and having flashbacks.
- Sitting at home playing Call of Duty 4, he suddenly gets up, leaves the house, goes on a motorcycle ride and disappears. His motorcycle is found along the side of the road sometime later.
So what headline is the story under?
Yeah. The videogame. I’m sure that was the problem.
LATER: I’d closed comments because I was just sure there would be that one guy who couldn’t resist using this post as a launching post for talking about The War. I’ve reconsidered, but please do observe the no politics policy.
LATER STILL: Link fixed. Duh.
How to Forum
Dear people of the internet: Please stop doing these horrible idiotic things when you talk to each other.
The Biggest Game Ever
How did this niche racing game make a gameworld so massive, and why is that a big deal?
Video Compression Gone Wrong
How does image compression work, and why does it create those ugly spots all over some videos and not others?
The Disappointment Engine
No Man's Sky is a game seemingly engineered to create a cycle of anticipation and disappointment.
The Middle Ages
Would you have survived in the middle ages?