To answer the question you didn’t ask about what I’m buying / playing / reviewing:
1) GTA IV vs. Saints Row 2 review-off will finish up this week.
2) Left 4 Dead. Playing now. (Well, not right now, since the [email protected]$%ing servers are hosed!) I’m not sure when the review series will start.
3) Kivi’s Underworld. I started playing this while waiting for my graphics card to arrive. I need to clock a few more hours on the game before I can say anything about it that would be worth reading.
4) Mount & Blade. Played some. Not enough to do the game justice, yet.
5) WiiFit. I have a lot to say about this game, but it never seems like the right time. Eventually.
6) Madword. It’s on the buy list.
7) The Path. This one was on my buy list. Then I saw that it required 2 GB of memory (?!?!) so I bumped it down the list. Then my computer blew up and the new one is more than up to the job. 2GB is still a ton of memory for a modest indie game to demand. It looks nice and all, but not “twice the memory of Left 4 Dead” nice. The Steam hardware survey a few months ago showed that 56% of Steam users have 2GB or more. So, even half the market of “hardcore” players won’t be able to run the game. Yeesh.
8 ) Team Fortress 2. I’ve been playing. Maybe I’ll do a quick commentary on it.
My “someday” list of titles, mostly to use as comic fodder:
Street Fighter IV, Gears of War 2, Resident Evil 5, The House of the Dead: Overkill, 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand, Afro Samurai.
On the “learn more about this list”:
So what happens when a SOFTWARE engineer tries to review hardware? This. This happens.
Starcraft: Bot Fight
Let's do some scripting to make the Starcraft AI fight itself, and see how smart it is. Or isn't.
Silent Hill Turbo HD II
I was trying to make fun of how Silent Hill had lost its way but I ended up making fun of fighting games. Whatever.
The Biggest Game Ever
Just how big IS No Man's Sky? What if you made a map of all of its landmass? How big would it be?
Quakecon Keynote 2013 Annotated
An interesting but technically dense talk about gaming technology. I translate it for the non-coders.