No more jokes, this is really the start of our Mass Effect 2 series. New format, new editing tools, new video host. Same band of jerks. We’re easing into this slowly.
Since our video is no longer a half hour long, we’ve been able to increase the video quality. Previously we were stuck in 320p, but now the show is available in glorious 720p. Which is a lot more p.
The changes we’ve made were based on the feedback we got last week. In particular, the leading suggestions were:
- Try to play the newest games to make the show more relevant.
- Try to play older games so as to avoid spoilers.
- More humor.
- Less joking around.
- More off-the-cuff banter.
- Try to prepare our commentary ahead of time.
- Cover more ground in each episode.
- Make the episodes shorter.
- Move to a more popular, established video host.
- Don’t use YouTube.
- Do episodes more quickly to hold interest and get through the game fast.
- Less episodes, so it’s not so hard to keep up.
- Do blind runs of games.
- Know what you’re talking about.
- Less grief and anguish.
- More Rutskarn singing.
Yeah, we’re doomed.
PC Hardware is Toast
This is why shopping for graphics cards is so stupid and miserable.
Best. Plot Twist. Ever.
Few people remember BioWare's Jade Empire, but it had a unique setting and a really well-executed plot twist.
A video discussing Megatexture technology. Why we needed it, what it was supposed to do, and why it maybe didn't totally work.
A Star is Born
Remember the superhero MMO from 2009? Neither does anyone else. It was dumb. So dumb I was compelled to write this.
Dead or Alive 5 Last Round
I'm not surprised a fighting game has an absurd story. I just can't figure out why they bothered with the story at all.