on Jun 10, 2016
Spoiler Warning Gentlemen’s* Drinking Game of Foolishness
* Women may also participate, but for thematic reasons they should do so while wearing a fake mustache, beard, or top hat. Note that women are not encouraged to participate, because literally nobody is encouraged to participate, because this is less a “game”, as is it a very stupid, time-consuming, and expensive way to kill yourself.
Take a drink whenever:
- Either you encounter a situation where the dialog option says “No,” but the character says “Yes”, OR you encounter a dialog where all choices are obviously the same damn thing.
- They should have kept this innovation from New Vegas.
- Hey, guys, remember Shaun?
- Doing something smart breaks a quest.
- Josh shoots an ally, companion, or otherwise friendly person on accident.
- NPC we want to kill on purpose is invulnerable.
- Josh picks a trait or upgrades a stat because, “Fuck it, everything else is locked”.
- “In the original Fallout”. (Any reference to Fallout 1 or 2 counts.)
- Reginald dies.
- VATS causes something nonsensical to happen.
- Control confusion: The game trolls Josh by confusing or changing the purpose of spacebar / Escape / E / Tab. Or Josh confuses melee / grenade / reload / use.
Please don’t play this game. We’re trying to grow our audience and we’ve heard that killing you with binge drinking is apparently counter-productive to that goal? Turns out that if we hadn’t killed all those people during the Fallout 3 season we’d be more popular than Pewdiepie by now.
ALSO: Josh and I (and maybe some other guests, we’re still hammering out the details) will be streaming E3, which begins this Sunday. The schedule is here. Sunday has both E3 and Bethesda events, which begin at 1PM pacific time USA. Like always, this is meant to be loose and casual. If you’re looking for hard-hitting coverage and news, we’re probably not the best people to follow. If you want to hang out and see live, unfiltered reactions to things, then I’ll see you there.