In the original airing of this series, the drinking game didn’t appear until episode 17. But the series is more fun with it, so let’s retcon things and introduce the game here in episode 2. Rutskarn originally devised the drinking game, which he promised would be extremely entertaining.*
While watching Spoiler Warning, take a drink whenever…
- Josh opens his inventory and consumes 3 or more things in the middle of combat.
- Anyone uses the phrase “in the Original Fallout…”
- Reginald becomes addicted to anything.
- A new overpowered weapon or item is acquired.
- An obvious bug or glitch is encountered.
- All three of us are talking at the same time.
- Josh tries ineffectually to kill bad guys with f-bombs.
- The phrase “200 years” is spoken.
- “STOP SHOOTING ME!”
- Reginald dies.
It would be interesting to see a heat map of drinks per episode. My impression is that this number would gradually increase over time, spiking near the end. On the other hand, #5 is a bit of a wildcard. It’s probably low (by the standards of the game) when doing central story missions, and comes more into play when doing side missions or [especially] DLC. On the gripping hand, we had plenty of glitches here in episode 2, which is still part of the tutorial and ought to be the most polished section of the game.
* Specifically, he said, “It will be very entertaining when hundreds of viewers die of alcohol poisoning.”
Push the Button!
Scenes from Half-Life 2:Episode 2, showing Gordon Freeman being a jerk.
The Strange Evolution of OpenGL
Sometimes software is engineered. Sometimes it grows organically. And sometimes it's thrown together seemingly at random over two decades.
How to Forum
Dear people of the internet: Please stop doing these horrible idiotic things when you talk to each other.
PC Hardware is Toast
This is why shopping for graphics cards is so stupid and miserable.
The Truth About Piracy
What are publishers doing to fight piracy and why is it all wrong?