on Dec 5, 2012
I thought the girl who wanted to die was a really interesting conversation. If you think about it, people would indeed spend a lot of time cooking up theories on what was happening and why. Like, that would most likely be the new #1 water cooler conversation everywhere, forever. It would probably break down into a few camps:
- This plague is the punishment of an angry God or a fulfillment of some prophesy.
- This is the result of magic / demonic stuff but was brought about by humans.
- This plague is made by the government and was released on accident, or for nefarious purposes.
- This plague is the result of alien intervention or stuff from space. (Meteorites and such.)
- It doesn’t mean anything / it was just random chance / we can never know the truth / shut up and stop talking about it.
You think people go crazy thinking about who shot JFK? People hate unanswered questions. Just imagine how much more people would fixate on the question of What killed everyone in the world?
Shamus Young is an old-school OpenGL programmer, author, and composer. He runs this site and if anything is broken you should probably blame him.