Geeze Alan. I hope you write better than you drive. Okay, so the manuscript pages are kind of stilted and awkward. Is this because:
- Developer Remedy wanted to show that Alan is a bit of a crap writer.
- The pages needed to fit in bite-sized portions on a TV screen, so there wasn’t enough room to make some vivid prose.
- The writers at Remedy are actually a bit crap themselves.
- The writers at Remedy are okay, but the prose was probably mangled in the translation from Finnish to English.
- Actually, I thought the pages were fine.
- James Portnow is holding a lemon, your argument is invalid.
Philosophy of Moderation
The comments on most sites are a sewer of hate, because we're moderating with the wrong goals in mind.
Why The Christmas Shopping Season is Worse Every Year
Everyone hates Black Friday sales. Even retailers! So why does it exist?
A programming project where I set out to make a gigantic and complex world from simple data.
The Best of 2014
My picks for what was important, awesome, or worth talking about in 2014.
The Plot-Driven Door
You know how videogames sometimes do that thing where it's preposterously hard to go through a simple door? This one is really bad.