Geeze Alan. I hope you write better than you drive. Okay, so the manuscript pages are kind of stilted and awkward. Is this because:
- Developer Remedy wanted to show that Alan is a bit of a crap writer.
- The pages needed to fit in bite-sized portions on a TV screen, so there wasn’t enough room to make some vivid prose.
- The writers at Remedy are actually a bit crap themselves.
- The writers at Remedy are okay, but the prose was probably mangled in the translation from Finnish to English.
- Actually, I thought the pages were fine.
- James Portnow is holding a lemon, your argument is invalid.
Trusting the System
How do you know the rules of the game are what the game claims? More importantly, how do the DEVELOPERS know?
The Loot Lottery
What makes the gameplay of Borderlands so addictive for some, and what does that have to do with slot machines?
There are two major schools of thought about how you should write software. Here's what they are and why people argue about it.
Shamus Plays WOW
Ever wondered what's in all those quest boxes you've never bothered to read? Get ready: They're more insane than you might expect.
Top 64 Videogames
Lists of 'best games ever' are dumb and annoying. But like a self-loathing hipster I made one anyway.