DM of the Rings CXIV:
The Book of Exalted Screwups

on Jun 18, 2007

Aragorn misplaces his army.
Aragorn:0 Undead: 1

is a programmer, an author, and nearly a composer. He works on this site full time. If you’d like to support him, you can do so via Patreon or PayPal.

202020204There are now 84 comments. Almost a hundred!

1. Marcus says:

Most enjoyable. Keenly observed and well written!

2. Elusive Pastry says:

The movie is almost over….what are we going to do without our daily dose of DM of the Rings? It’s the only way I stay sane during the day! *sniff*

3. Phlux says:

I don’t know why you guys are acting like there’s only 10 more strips left.

There’s Pelinnor fields, the aftermath of pelinnor field, the mouth of sauron, the battle at the black gates with Aragorn’s little inspirational speech, the destruction of the ring, the collapse of barad-dur, the re-union with Sam and Frodo, the coronation and probably some stuff about how legolas and gimli don’t have any epilogue in the story (as filmed).

If that’s not at least 20-30 strips worth of material I’ll eat my hat.

If that’s not at least 30 strips I’ll

4. Club Medic says:

I’m a teacher, and with school out, I finally got to sit down and read the entire… how many?… comics. Wow, Shamus has some talent, and a way with words. I’m very impressed. Of course, now I’m wishing I hadn’t started reading them until the end of the summer, so I would have more of them to read right now! Looking forward to every next installment.

5. TheJoeSword says:

I love this comic. Grats on an excellent idea Shamus! After Dm of the Rings is done,are you going to do one on the Star Wars game that Dave and them went to play?

6. Rob Sack says:

Shamus:

A request:

Please post a gif/jpg of the “Do I look like I’m kidding?” panel. I promise I’ll link back to your site!

7. Alasseo says:

Pelennor. Not Pelinnor. Honestly, what’s the point of Tolkien’s language appendices, or the fact that the cast of the movies learned to pronounce things properly if people don’t pay attention?

Anyway, on to important matters- this comic, as has been already intimated, contains possibly the best screencap ever.

8. elda says:

You are mistaking stockholm syndrome for enjoyment my friend.

not to sound like a total idiot, but isn’t that a song by muse? i rather like that song….

‘Marlous Says:“Now I’m imagining the Green Ghost King, Sauron, Xykon from [Large Person in the Recess Yard] and Death from Discworld meeting for poker nights every other Tuesday.’

Well, that would explain why the King of the dead has only skulls left for treasure. You’ve got to figure that our heros would find what the dead soldiers had on them when they died. Kind of like Prince Valiant finding gold with King Solomon’s face on it. I mean, I figure Sauron cheats…

10. Logan says:

Outsmarted by the UNDEAD! What a victorious moment for our heros? Great Strip man!

Let’s hope that sooner or later Aragorn will either find some loot or realise that treasure isn’t everything. Although I think neither are very likely. Stupid boy. XD

12. dyrnwyn says:

so do they go back with a excavation team pickaxes and dynmite?

13. deathknight says:

in the last panel it looks like a hand is touching gimli! lol

14. A bad DM says:

I love the caption think when you scroll your mouse over it:
    ‘Aragorn:0 Undead: 1’

15. Michael says:

Can you please make a picture of just that undead face, with a large black border, and the caption in white underneath? Just like those motivational/demotivational posters.

Oh: am I the only one that feels that most of these images are “thin-ified”? (What’s the word for taking a 16:9 image and scrunching it to a 12:9 TV?)

16. […] Posted by Elanorea We only got one silver medal :/. How lame is that? As lame as being outsmarted by the dead. Death to all who oppose […]

17. Mr.Pete says:

Oh man, I laughed so hard on this and the last one I almost choked.
    Well, seeing that I started to read today and am close to the end I think I’ll survive.
    Although I do fear the coming battle. So many chances on puns and jokes…

18. […] sem fins lucrativos, todos os direitos reservados a Shamus Young. Navegar pela Série«DM dos Anéis #113: IT´S A […]

2 Trackbacks

1. […] Posted by Elanorea We only got one silver medal :/. How lame is that? As lame as being outsmarted by the dead. Death to all who oppose […]

2. By DM dos Anéis #114: O livro dos ferrados on Tue May 10, 2011 at 6:19 pm