DM of the Rings CIX:
Give Peace a Chance

on Jun 6, 2007

The King of the Dead appears!
To fight, or not to fight?

Yeah, the movie tie-in was an easy target here. (You can count on me to go for easy targets.)

202020201There are now 81 comments. Almost a hundred!

1. nigel says:

parsnip panrny par… p p p

Parle?
    yes thats the one
    parle? to hell the ‘un who thought of parle.

2. Woerlan says:

Shamus, use the pirate shots from POTC for the men on the Black Ships once they leave the mountain! Use em! It’ll be funny seeing the three talking with Barbossa.

Just a suggestion. Great comic BTW. ^_^

Then we can do the “Pirate King” number! Even sneak in Tim Curry from “Muppet Treasure Island”!

4. Magnate says:

It’s taken me three days to read all these from the beginning, and they’re *so* good. Thank you – from an ancient 1st Edition AD&Der.

5. AlpineBob says:

Three days? I just pulled an all-nighter! Man am I gonna hate work today – but I just couldn’t stop *whimper*
    And they were just so damn funny that now I wanna go read ’em again! I’m afraid I’m just another DMotR addict…

6. Dan says:

Ha! Awesome. And I just saw PotC3, too!

7. haashaastaak says:

woah should be whoa

8. Flatline says:

Everytime I get to Gimli saying “There’s thousands of them, ye stab-happy nitwit!” I just crack up. His expression is perfect!

You people are right – PotC would be great material for a new strip. You could even transfer over the players. Stoner could play Jack Sparrow, Gimli would take the part of Will Turner and Leggy Lass could be Ms Swan.

• WJS says:

I would switch Gimli and Legolas in that roster; after the crap Aragorn put him through in this game, I don’t see him playing a woman. Gimli on the other hand is quite comfortable doing so, as evidenced by his reference to a princess he played in a previous game. Also, it would be confusing to have a character played by the same actor be a different player.

I don’t know if Shamus would want to make another comic along the lines of this one, but I am sure he knows if he did he’d have an audience.

9. Victor says:

devil damn to the depths who what thought of PARLEY!

that would be the french

The last frame reminds me of Pirates of the Carribean =)

11. Amanda says:

hehe very nice

12. Gonzo says:

I think the whole thing is even funnier when you consider the fact that the last time this legolas was under parley, he killed the entire opposing side

13. Hjordis says:

LOl legolas’ parley reminds me of his actor in pirates of the carribbean. thats way to messed up for this page’s own good……

14. middle_earth_muggle says:

Orlando Bloom haterssss!!! We hatesss you, precious, we hatess you aaaalllll!!!!!

Great comics, by the way. :P

15. […] Traduzido sem fins lucrativos, todos os direitos reservados a Shamus Young. […]

16. Sarah Atkins says:

This particular strip inspired me to make my own screencap comic- on guess what! Orlando bloom has a very useful selection of expressions in both films, but nothing compares with the faces of johnny depp! Makes for very enjoyable comic creation.

You’ve inspired so many people with this comic Shamus! Thanks for a fantastic comic I’ve read over more than I’ve watched the movies themselves!

One Trackback